Thursday, June 5, 2008

End of School Year






It seems like it was just August. My mind has always seen the annual calendar as a school year calendar. It feels refreshing to be "starting over"! My first year at CFHS was mind numbing and phenomenal! I think it is shocking to people that I love it most days! The kids keep me busy so my mind focuses on them after I leave the school building; however, when I'm back out in the community I feel like I'm still working! I spend a lot of time at home--our outings include going to "Grama & Grampa's" (my folks' house), grocery shopping and Target in Northfield or Apple Valley, and sometimes to the park. Although last time we were there some students came out--I'm sure seeing me was a real Buzz Kill. Oh, well--we all live in this town together. I started a facebook account to see what the big deal is and is it ever! I spend lots of time on there--Chris finds me when I'm on there if I'm up late enough and we chat online. My good friend Amy who is the school social worker where I used to work was on one night too. We discussed how we didn't have time for it! I work a couple more weeks and then I am looking forward to hanging out and relaxing--I hope I can still get the kids to nap this summer! Mitchell got a REAL WHEELER for his 4th bday from G&G Sigmeth. He buzzed around for awhile and had a small crash--it was good that he got a little fear and respect for the machine. Now he'll take it out for a couple laps around the yard and then park it again! Grandma Pudge spent the day with us out at the Sigmeth's as Mitchell asked Grandma if he could have his party at her house. He also wanted and received a "race car" cake! Abbey and Cooper came over for some cake and Mitchell pretended all of his friends from Weecare were there too.

No comments: